Monday, August 11, 2014

AIK Animal Day


We had a busy, fun weekend that included Mama Swede's birthday dinner, an afternoon and evening with The Swede's buddies and their wives, a drive in the country, a couple of naps, and AIK football club's family day at the national arena.
The team brought in a bunch of animals and set up games and activities for their smallest fans, so we, being both animal and AIK enthusiasts, spent almost the entire day there. There were calves, goats, sheep, turtles, puppies, birds, rats, guinea pigs, a lizard, frog, giant centipede and more and Jamie looked at and pet whatever he could at least three times each. He was especially taken by a tortoise who he kept feeding watermelon. So taken, in fact, that the two of them even shared a piece.

The pony-riding was also a big hit. I told Jamie he looked like a cowboy and I don't thing he's ever grinned so much. The day ended with an actual match, Jamie's first and my first since we won the league in 2009. I had forgotten how emotional the fans get and I think Jamie and I were both a little stunned by all the shouting, but it was cool to see and I definitely understand why The Swede likes it so much. Jamie, well, I think he'll sit out the next couple of seasons. But if there's a variety of animal poop to check out or any reptiles to feed, he'll be there.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment