Sunday, January 19, 2014

Our Newest Friend

Erin called me at two-thirty on Saturday morning. Her water had broken and she wanted to warn me that sometime in the next twenty-four hours my babysitting services would be needed. I drove the hour to their house late Saturday afternoon and hung out with Ossian while they went to the hospital. Shortly after Ossian fell asleep, and only three hours after they had left home, I got a text with a picture of Erin cuddling her new baby boy. I spent the rest of the night at their place with Ossian and then headed to meet the little guy when Svante got home. Erin was effervescent. I couldn't believe how well-rested, energetic, and normal she was. She was basically the opposite of how I was after having Jamie, so it was totally impressive to see. And then there was the baby (who doesn't have a name yet). He was so sweet and soft and tiny! He slept in my arms for over two hours while we talked about the birth, what it's going to be like to have two kids, and how awesome the ones we both already had are. I'm so excited to get to know this little guy and feel very privileged to have gotten to meet him already. Welcome to the world, little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment